Contact Lens for Kids
Contact Lens for KidsFind out more
Myopia is progressive and irreversible. As their eyes grow and their myopia increases, the dependency on glasses increases. This can reduce the ability of children to participate actively in sports and other activities. Increasing myopia can lead to eye health problems in the future. 4
MiSight® 1 day is a 1 day disposable lens suitable for myopic children, MiSight® 1 day correct short-sightedness so children enjoy clear spectacle-free vision. It has a special optical design which may help slow down the speed at which myopia progresses.
MiSight® 1 day is a soft contact lens that has been shown to reduce myopia progression in children by 59% on average, over a three year period, compared to a single-vision contact lens.1 MiSight® utilizes ActivControl® technology, a special optical design, allowing children to see clearly while slowing their myopia progression and eyeball growth. Eyeball growth, the driver for myopia progression, was reduced by 52% over three years in children wearing MiSight® 1 day contact lenses, compared to single-vision contact lens. 2*
*Regular eye examinations for young children are important to identify and treat myopia early. this may help to reduce the final prescription and the potential risk for future eye health issues
- Morgan P. Is Myopia Control the Next Contact Lens Revolution? The Optician 2016.
- Wolffsohn JS, Calossi A, Cho P, et al. Global Trends in Myopia Management Attitudes and Strategies in Clinical Practice. Cont Lens Anterior Eye. 2016;39:106-16.
- Glifford P, Glifford KL. The Future of Myopia Control Contact Lens Optom Vis Sci.; 93:336-43.
- Rose KA, Morgan IG, Ip J, et al. Outdoor Activity Reduces the Prevalance of Myopia in Children. Opthalmology 2008; 115:1279-1285.
- IMPACT OF INCREASING PREVALANCE OF MYOPIA AND HIGH MYOPIA The impact of myopia and high myopia a Report of the Joint World Health Organisation - Brien Holden Vision Institute Global Scientific Meeting on Myopia THE IMACT OF MYOPIA AND HIGH MYOPIA University of New South Wales, Sydney, Australia 16-16 March 2015
Why W OPTICS
At W OPTICS, we believe in offering tailored vision care services to cater to the specific needs of customers, making each customer’s visit distinct and exclusive.